It’s amazing, isn’t it? It seems like Thanksgiving just passed – and indeed it did, one week ago! – and now the holiday season is in full swing. When Thanksgiving falls at the end of November like it did this year, it seems to be an incredibly fast downhill ride into the holidays, and the feeling of being out of control can quickly take hold. Continue reading “Staying Sane During the Holidays”
I’m thrilled that my latest piece for Denver Life appears in the October issue of the magazine – all about Travaasa Austin, where I’m going with my mom and sister next week. I can’t wait! Hope you enjoy reading about this destination that’s relaxing AND energizing! Click here to read the piece!
Father’s Day is Sunday, and it’s time to thank the Dad in your life for everything he’s done for you. Here are a few ideas you may want to check out – after all, dads like to be pampered, too!
Oakville Grocery in Napa Valley has a few items that you can toast Dad with: the Ruhstaller Beer Trio, a Wine Gift Set, an Oakville Grocery Apron for the grillin’ dad, a Cocktail set, or a combo set with Ruhstaller Beer and Chunky Pig Bacon Popcorn.
If your dad really wants to be pampered, check out these spa offers designed just for him.
- At the Mii amo Spa in Sedona, Ariz., the Journeyman’s Facial uses products crafted specifically for men and includes a facial and foot massage. Ahhh…
- The Men’s Fitness Face Therapy at the Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa in Ojo Caliente, N.M. includes skin care, hot herbal towel therapy, and a soothing face, neck and shoulder massage. The stress just melts away…
- The Men’s Microbrew Break at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey in Hershey, Penn. features a deep cleansing and relaxing facial, massage and lunch, served with a locally brewed beer. Cheers!
- What Ales You at The Spa at Travaasa Austin outside of Austin, Texas, is another brew-based treatment that includes a massage and peppermint foot care, while enjoying organic Texas ale.
- The Men’s Vitalizing Massage at the Sundara Inn & Spa in Wisconsin Dells, Wis. focuses on either relaxation or deep tissue based on what dad needs.
- The Spa Ritual in Calgary, Canada, is offering the Zen for Men Package – designed just for men – with a therapeutic massage, scalp treatment and a sports pedicure.
- If he’s Eastern European-bound, your dad may want to indulge in the Gentleman’s Manicure at the Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Budapest in Hungary, which includes grooming of the nails and cuticles, exfoliation and a hand massage for a professional look.
However you celebrate Father’s Day, the greatest gift of all is a simple, “I love you.”