Tag Archives: beer
Earlier this week, Tampa’s own Cigar City Brewing made waves by announcing its partnership with Carnival Cruise Lines to serve two of its craft beers aboard 13 Carnival ships sailing from five Florida ports.
I always thought touring by bike would be such a fun way to explore a destination. Talk about slow travel… touring by bike really does make you slow down and enjoy the scenery, and all of the experiences along the way.
Father’s Day is Sunday, and it’s time to thank the Dad in your life for everything he’s done for you. Here are a few ideas you may want to check out – after all, dads like to be pampered, too!
Oakville Grocery in Napa Valley has a few items that you can toast Dad with: the Ruhstaller Beer Trio, a Wine Gift Set, an Oakville Grocery Apron for the grillin’ dad, a Cocktail set, or a combo set with Ruhstaller Beer and Chunky Pig Bacon Popcorn.
If your dad really wants to be pampered, check out these spa offers designed just for him.
- At the Mii amo Spa in Sedona, Ariz., the Journeyman’s Facial uses products crafted specifically for men and includes a facial and foot massage. Ahhh…
- The Men’s Fitness Face Therapy at the Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa in Ojo Caliente, N.M. includes skin care, hot herbal towel therapy, and a soothing face, neck and shoulder massage. The stress just melts away…
- The Men’s Microbrew Break at The Spa At The Hotel Hershey in Hershey, Penn. features a deep cleansing and relaxing facial, massage and lunch, served with a locally brewed beer. Cheers!
- What Ales You at The Spa at Travaasa Austin outside of Austin, Texas, is another brew-based treatment that includes a massage and peppermint foot care, while enjoying organic Texas ale.
- The Men’s Vitalizing Massage at the Sundara Inn & Spa in Wisconsin Dells, Wis. focuses on either relaxation or deep tissue based on what dad needs.
- The Spa Ritual in Calgary, Canada, is offering the Zen for Men Package – designed just for men – with a therapeutic massage, scalp treatment and a sports pedicure.
- If he’s Eastern European-bound, your dad may want to indulge in the Gentleman’s Manicure at the Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Budapest in Hungary, which includes grooming of the nails and cuticles, exfoliation and a hand massage for a professional look.
However you celebrate Father’s Day, the greatest gift of all is a simple, “I love you.”
Before you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, or maybe after one too many pints, try one of these indulgent spa treatments at spas throughout the U.S. and in Europe, and raise a glass to your body!
- The “Royal Revival” at the Lodge at Woodloch in Hawley, Penn., includes a body exfoliation using hops, barley and honey, followed by a beer bath featuring Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.
- The Rocco Forte Augustine Hotel in Praha, Czech Republic is featuring “The St. Thomas Beer Ritual,” utilizinga bit of history by incorporating a secret Augustinian monk beer exfoliation recipe that promotes detoxification and hydration, complete with a massage.
If beer’s not your thing, wine takes center stage in several treatments, including:
- The “Kelly’s Fountain of Youth Signature Body Treatment”at Kelly’s Spa at the Mission Inn in Riverside, Calif., refreshes your skin with an antioxidant Chardonnay wine bubble bath, and a Chardonnay wine grape seed body polish. The experience is complete with a massage and paraffin treatment. Heaven!
- For more wine, try the “Château Winery Ritual” at Château Élan in Braselton, Ga., infuses the body with the anti-oxidant power of grape seeds during a wine bath, followed with a body scrub and mud wrap.
- The Spa at Silverado Resort in Napa – wine heaven! – offers the “Chardonnay Sugar Scrub,” a blend of Chardonnay, Shea butter and six natural oils to exfoliate and nourish the skin, healing even the driest of skin. Perfect after a night of imbibing.
- The “Toast to Life Bath and Massage” at the Sundara Inn & Spa in Wisconsin Dells, Wis., increases circulation and removes dry skin cells by providing a body sugar scrub, bath soak and full body massage.
Looking for something stronger?
- The “Bourbon Bubbler” at the Spa at Griffin Gate in Lexington takes that ol’ Kentucky taste and lavishes the body in a full body polish incorporating Kentucky Bourbon, ginger, and pecans, and finishes with a rinse and an application of Shea butter.
However you choose to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, or recover the day after, raise a glass and say “Cheers!” to your body!