Tag Archives: Costa Rica
Traveling, I’ve heard people raving of their favorite spots to grab a cup, or watch a roast. Vanessa from TurnipSeed Travel loves the coffee found in Maui, while Pola of Jetting Around sips hers at a favorite shop in Chicago.
Sunday’s National Coffee Day, so I thought I’d share a few different ways to enjoy your next cup of coffee – whether that be a new destination, a new drink, or a new experience all together.
New Orleans’ Windsor Court Hotel’s The Grill Room offers an impressive flaming Café Brulot, a culinary tradition in NOLA. The cocktail is infused with brandy and spices through a siphon that was made popular during the Prohibition. For a regular cup, you’ll also find the “Windsor Court Blend” of coffee created by Orleans Coffee Exchange and available for purchase.
The Grand Wailea jumps in on the coffee action it’s own coconut blend of coffee cultivated at nearby Molokai Island called “Ulu Niu” in collaboration with the resorts Executive Chef Eric Faivre and Coffees of Hawaii.
Italy’s well-known for its coffee, and the Rome Cavalieri has made a name for itself, too. The property is now offering a new selection of cappuccinos, macchiatos and coffees, including a gold cappuccino topped with gold dust for its Golden Anniversary. Coffee with bling!
Coffee in New York State? Sure! The Finger Lakes region serves up Java Gourmet and Keuka Lake Coffee Roasters, fusing coffee and food into an award winning, artisanal, coffee-based specialty food company.
Guests at the Amway Grand Plaza in Grand Rapids, Michigan, can indulge in three unique coffee cocktails as they overlook the skyline of the city on the 27th and 28th floors of the hotel’s glass tower atCygnus 27.
OK, let’s talk spa!
At the W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island, the AWAY Spa offers the “Café con Coco Scrub,” a freshly prepared combination of Encantos Puerto Rican coffee grounds, local shredded coconut and kukui coconut oil. Yum!
The Zen Spa at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino boasts a coffee-infused stress relieving treatment for business travelers called “The Executive Man.” Designed to relieve stress from head to toe, the treatment includes a “Cappuccino Buff” that uses a ground coffee exfoliating scrub for the caffeine-driven traveler.
The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa in Berkley, Calif., is offering two coffee-based treatments through December: a Coffee Fruit Anti-Aging Facial that features organic Hawaiian coffee fruit extract; and the Tropical Coffee Fruit Renewal, a full-body treatment that begins with a Hawaiian Coffee Fruit and organic sugar body scrub, followed by a massage.
So, there you go. The next time you need a cup of coffee, consider these different ways to get your caffeine fix!
updated Dec. 18, 2013
- Fore the Love of Golf: package includes complimentary day of unlimited golf at Bahia Beach Golf Course, 20% discount at Zen Spa, 10% discount off Avis Car Rental (AWD# H611700) and 25% off Callaway Golf Club rental at Bahia Beach Golf Course. Valid through December 2013; minimum two-night stay required. Rates from $285/night.
- Ultimate Golf Package: includes overnight accommodations, two rounds of golf per day (one round day of arrival, departure), daily breakfast buffet, daily lunch and more. Rates from $344/night; minimum two-night stay. Valid through December 31, 2013.
- Golf Getaway: package includes overnight accommodations, one 18-hole round of golf daily with a shared cart and caddie, daily sports lunch box, three-course dinner with wine pairing and unlimited beverage package daily. Rates from $249/person/night; minimum two-night stay. Valid through December 31, 2013.
- Ultimate Golf Package: includes overnight accommodations, unlimited golf each day for one golfer and more. Rates from $174/night. Valid through December 31, 2013.
Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge (Orlando)
- 2013 Bay Hill Bucket List Golf Package: includes accommodations in a lodge guestroom, full breakfast, and choice of one round of championship golf or a soothing spa treatment. Rates from $171-$263/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge (Amelia Island)
- 3-Night Golf Package: includes three nights’ oceanfront accommodations, daily breakfast, complimentary WiFI, beach equipment, evening wine and hors d’oeuvres and a round of golf at Amelia River Golf Club and North Hampton Golf Club. Rates from $1,484.
- Stay & Play Package: one round of golf for just $100 and second round free at Ocean Links, or Oak Marsh, with a two-night stay.
- Beaches and Bunkers Golf Package: includes overnight stay in coastal view accommodation, breakfast for two (restaurant or in-room), two rounds of golf at The Golf Club of Amelia Island or The Golf Club of North Hampton, and more. Rates from $649/night. Valid through December 31, 2013.
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa (Ponte Vedra Beach)
- Dye’s Duo Golf Experience: package includes one round of golf on TPC Sawgrass’ Stadium and one round of golf on Dye’s Valley, transportation to golf courses, golf bag storage, luxury accommodations, and breakfast. Rates from $304/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- The PLAYERS Stadium Golf Experience: package includes one round of golf at TPC Sawgrass’ Stadium Course, transportation to golf course, golf bag storage, commemorative 17th Hole bag tag, luxury accommodations and breakfast. Rates from $349/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- Sawgrass Golf Experience: package includes one round of golf on TPC Sawgrass’ Dye’s Course, transportation to golf course, golf bag storage, luxury accommodations and breakfast. Rates from $269/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- Sawgrass Golf & Spa Experience: package includes one round of golf on TPC Sawgrass’ Dye Course, Sawgrass Spa 50-minute signature treatment, transportation to golf course, golf bag storage, luxury accommodations, breakfast. Rates from $489/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- Unlimited Golf: package includes overnight accommodations, one 18-hole round of golf per night’s stay, green fees, cart fees and forecaddie fees, unlimited use of practice facilities, golf club storage, daily buffet breakfast, overnight valet parking and more. Rates from $449/night.
- Stay and Play Golf Package: includes three-night oceanfront accommodations, four rounds of golf and roundtrip transportation to golf course. Rates from $270/night. Valid January 3, 2014 – December 22, 2014.
- ProPlay II Golf Package: includes three nights’ accommodations, three rounds of golf with cart, welcome cocktail, oyster roast, daily breakfast, complimentary daily lunch and more. Valid through June 1, 2014. Rates from $234/person.
- Harbour Town Tour Experience: package includes two nights’ accommodations, daily breakfast, round of golf on Harbour Town Golf Links (walking caddie, lunch during round, practive area with customized name plate, complimentary range balls, one-hour pro instruction prior to the round and first-tee introduction) and bonus round at Heron Point. Rates from $1080/golfer (May 21 – September 23 and November 26 – March 17) and $1210/golfer (March 18 – May 20 and September 24 – November 3). Valid year-round.
NYLO Hotels (Las Colinas, Plano, or South Side [Dallas])
- Stay and Play: package includes one night’s stay, one round of golf at Old American Golf Club, and complimentary yardage book, water, snacks and pro-shop gift. Rates from $213/night/player. Code NYLO Stay and Play.