Tag Archives: flying
Such fun with Stephanie and Michael chatting about how to pack a carry-on bag to save time and money when flying! Check out the clip here!
I may have just found my favorite author ever. Chef/nutritionist Michelle Dudash, author of Clean Eating for Busy Families, recently came out with snacks that help jet setters avoid jet lag, including dark chocolate. Take a look, pack a sack and say au revoir to nasty jetlag!
- Dark chocolate: start with a chocolate that’s 60% cacao and work your way up. The darker the chocolate, the less the sugar. But whichever variation you select, all dark chocolate can reduce levels of cortisol and catecholamine stress hormones.
- Carbs: yes, eat your carbs! Try low-sugar granola, an apple or dried fruit and they’ll help stimulate the release of serotonin, the natural, feel-good brain chemical.
- Vitamin B6: found in tuna salad, bananas, roasted chickpeas and even fortified breakfast cereal, vitamin B6 boosts melatonin production. You’ll sleep like a baby!
- Melatonin: go straight to the source with dried cherries, almonds, sunflower seeds. Or, make your own trail mix by combining the three! On board, order tomato juice; the tomatoes contain high melatonin content.
- On board, stay hydrated to keep fatigue, false hunger and headaches at bay once you arrive at your destination. Not a fan of good ol’ H2O? Try dehydrated coconut water or orange juice.
Happy, healthy flying!