It’s that time of year again, and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. For lots of people, it falls on a three-day weekend this year, making it even easier to get away with the one you love. Hotels and destinations know that, too, and offering incredible travlin’ deals to make it even easier to give the gift of travel to the one you love. And for those who aren’t into Valentine’s Day, there are packages for you, too – just take a look! Continue reading “Give the Gift of Travel to the One You Love”
I’m thrilled that my latest piece for duPont Registry Tampa Bay appears in the September /October issue of the magazine – all about the luxurious accommodations in Cabo! Hope you enjoy reading about this destination that’s so much more than a party town! Click here to read the piece!
Shark Week has begun on Discovery, and everyone’s abuzz talking about the stealth animals who swim the seas. A few years ago my girlfriends and I went swimming with the whale sharks – the largest fish in the ocean! – in Mexico and wrote about it for WestJet’s up! magazine. Take a look at the story, and video!
The miracle of sea turtle nesting and hatching has begun, and I have first-hand experience. Years ago, I was part of the volunteer turtle team at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Starting about now, staff and volunteers patrol the beaches in the early-morning, looking for tracks of females who had made their way to shore to lay hundreds of eggs at a time. Continue reading “Go Baby, GO!”
If you’d rather getaway for the holidays, there are plenty of destinations that are rolling out the red carpet and inviting you to partake in their local holiday traditions. Who knows, perhaps you’ll take the traditions home with you and make them a part of yours. Continue reading “get cultural this holiday season”
We’ve all heard of CyberMonday – that glorious day after Thanksgiving when nearly every online store you can think of offers incredible savings.
Well, the summer solstice is nearly here and a group of 20 forward-thinking hotels and resorts around the world have created their own cyber-savings day to celebrate: Cyber Summer Travel on June 21. Savings include four-diamond resorts for $99/night, five-star hotels offering 50% savings, free nights and more.
For one day only, midnight – 11:59 pm EST Friday, June 21, hotels and resorts in Florida, the Caribbean, Mexico, Latin America and even South Africa are offering exclusive online deals for travel through the summer, and some through year’s end.
- The Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa – $200 off a 10-day trip
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino – 30% off, starting at $169/night
- CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, Anguilla – savings of more than 50%
- Hotel Kura-Hulanda Spa & Casino, Curacao – $99/night
- Lodge Kura-Hulanda & Beach Club, Curacao – $99/night
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, San Juan – 20% off, starting at $143/night
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao – 3 nights starting at $119/night
- The Angler’s Boutique Resort, Miami Beach – 25% off
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale – 25% off
- Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa – $99/night
- Lido Beach Resort, Sarasota – 30% off
- The Resort at Longboat Key Club – 30% off
- Marco Island Marriott Resort Golf Club & Spa – $149/night
- Sandpearl Resort, Clearwater Beach – $150/night savings
- Sense Beach House, Miami Beach – 35% off
- South Beach Marriott, Miami Beach – 40% off
Mexico & Latin America
- Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa, Costa Rica – 30% off 2-night stay, 35% 3 nights or more
- CasaMagna Cancun Marriott Resort – $145/night + $100/daily resort credit; minimum 3-night stay
- Casa Palopó, Guatemala – 35% off
- JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa – $175/night + $100/daily resort credit; minimum 3-night stay
For more information on these savings and to reserve, visit www.cybersummertravel.com.
updated Dec. 18, 2013
- Fire & Ice: package includes overnight accommodations, two tickets to Fire & Ice, kids eat free and more. Valid through January 2, 2014. Rates from $179/night; rate code FIREICE.
- Home for the Holidays: package includes two nights’ accommodations, daily traditional English breakfast, a personal mixology lesson and pre-packaged beach supplies. Valid through December 30, 2013. Rates from $234/night.
Gaylord Palms Resort (Orlando)
- The Christmassy DreamWorks Experience: package includes overnight accommodations, tickets to ICE!, character meet & greet, character breakfast, scavenger hunt and more. Valid through January 5, 2014. Rates from $223/night.
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms: package includes overnight accommodations, tickets to ICE!, character meet and greet, and more. Valid through January 5, 2014. Rates from $183/night.
- Night at the Nutcracker: package includes overnight accommodations, hot chocolate night cap, ballerina welcome cookies, breakfast for two, two VIP tickets to the “Nutcracker” Ballet and swag bag. Valid through December 28, 2013. Rates from $475; rate code ZZLO.
- Papa Noel Rates: start at $99/night. Valid through December 30, 2013. Promo code HOL.
- Papa Noel Rate: starting at $199/night, includes complimentary welcome cocktails and discounted overnight valet parking. Valid through December 31, 2013.
- Enjoy 30% off Sunday – Thursday stays, and 15% off Friday and Saturday stays. Rates from $90/night. Rate plan PAPA NOEL. Valid December 22 – 26, 2013.
- 20% off best available rate; valid Sunday through Thursday. 10% off best available rate; valid Friday and Saturday. Valid through January 13, 2014 (blackout dates apply).
- Ozark Mountain Christmas Package: includes two nights’ accommodations, $50 food and beverage credit, two-day tickets for two adults to Silver Dollar City theme park and more. Rates from $362. Valid through December 30, 2013.
- Tower Suite rates begin at $699/night; Presidential-style and Historic Suites start at $1,499/night. Valid through December 30, 2013.
- Rates starting at $150/night. Valid through December 30, 2013.
- JW Illumination features hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights choreographed to holiday music. In addition, holiday-themed activities such as the Gingerbread Craft Workshop, JW Sounds of the Season with carolers, Polar Plunge, Elf tuck-in and more. Valid through December 31, 2013. Rates from $170/night.
- Stay for Breakfast: package includes overnight accommodations and breakfast for two. Rates from $159/night. Valid through January 31, 2014.
- Christmas Dining Package: includes overnight accommodations, breakfast for two, and choice of lunch or dinner for two (alcoholic beverages not included). Rates from $315/night. Valid December 20 – 26, 2013.
- New Year’s Eve Dining Package: includes overnight accommodations, breakfast for two, and choice of lunch or dinner for two (alcoholic beverages not included). Rates from $315/night. Valid December 27, 2013 through January 1, 2014.
- Holidays On Island Time: package includes seven nights’ accommodations, three gourmet meals daily, resort activities, ground transportation, $200 resort or air credit (Island Hoppers) and more. Book by November 25 and receive complimentary room upgrade (based on availability). Valid for travel through March 31, 2014. Rates from $2,109/couple.
updated Dec. 18, 2013
- Fore the Love of Golf: package includes complimentary day of unlimited golf at Bahia Beach Golf Course, 20% discount at Zen Spa, 10% discount off Avis Car Rental (AWD# H611700) and 25% off Callaway Golf Club rental at Bahia Beach Golf Course. Valid through December 2013; minimum two-night stay required. Rates from $285/night.
- Ultimate Golf Package: includes overnight accommodations, two rounds of golf per day (one round day of arrival, departure), daily breakfast buffet, daily lunch and more. Rates from $344/night; minimum two-night stay. Valid through December 31, 2013.
- Golf Getaway: package includes overnight accommodations, one 18-hole round of golf daily with a shared cart and caddie, daily sports lunch box, three-course dinner with wine pairing and unlimited beverage package daily. Rates from $249/person/night; minimum two-night stay. Valid through December 31, 2013.
- Ultimate Golf Package: includes overnight accommodations, unlimited golf each day for one golfer and more. Rates from $174/night. Valid through December 31, 2013.
Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge (Orlando)
- 2013 Bay Hill Bucket List Golf Package: includes accommodations in a lodge guestroom, full breakfast, and choice of one round of championship golf or a soothing spa treatment. Rates from $171-$263/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge (Amelia Island)
- 3-Night Golf Package: includes three nights’ oceanfront accommodations, daily breakfast, complimentary WiFI, beach equipment, evening wine and hors d’oeuvres and a round of golf at Amelia River Golf Club and North Hampton Golf Club. Rates from $1,484.
- Stay & Play Package: one round of golf for just $100 and second round free at Ocean Links, or Oak Marsh, with a two-night stay.
- Beaches and Bunkers Golf Package: includes overnight stay in coastal view accommodation, breakfast for two (restaurant or in-room), two rounds of golf at The Golf Club of Amelia Island or The Golf Club of North Hampton, and more. Rates from $649/night. Valid through December 31, 2013.
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa (Ponte Vedra Beach)
- Dye’s Duo Golf Experience: package includes one round of golf on TPC Sawgrass’ Stadium and one round of golf on Dye’s Valley, transportation to golf courses, golf bag storage, luxury accommodations, and breakfast. Rates from $304/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- The PLAYERS Stadium Golf Experience: package includes one round of golf at TPC Sawgrass’ Stadium Course, transportation to golf course, golf bag storage, commemorative 17th Hole bag tag, luxury accommodations and breakfast. Rates from $349/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- Sawgrass Golf Experience: package includes one round of golf on TPC Sawgrass’ Dye’s Course, transportation to golf course, golf bag storage, luxury accommodations and breakfast. Rates from $269/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- Sawgrass Golf & Spa Experience: package includes one round of golf on TPC Sawgrass’ Dye Course, Sawgrass Spa 50-minute signature treatment, transportation to golf course, golf bag storage, luxury accommodations, breakfast. Rates from $489/person/night. Valid through December 2013.
- Unlimited Golf: package includes overnight accommodations, one 18-hole round of golf per night’s stay, green fees, cart fees and forecaddie fees, unlimited use of practice facilities, golf club storage, daily buffet breakfast, overnight valet parking and more. Rates from $449/night.
- Stay and Play Golf Package: includes three-night oceanfront accommodations, four rounds of golf and roundtrip transportation to golf course. Rates from $270/night. Valid January 3, 2014 – December 22, 2014.
- ProPlay II Golf Package: includes three nights’ accommodations, three rounds of golf with cart, welcome cocktail, oyster roast, daily breakfast, complimentary daily lunch and more. Valid through June 1, 2014. Rates from $234/person.
- Harbour Town Tour Experience: package includes two nights’ accommodations, daily breakfast, round of golf on Harbour Town Golf Links (walking caddie, lunch during round, practive area with customized name plate, complimentary range balls, one-hour pro instruction prior to the round and first-tee introduction) and bonus round at Heron Point. Rates from $1080/golfer (May 21 – September 23 and November 26 – March 17) and $1210/golfer (March 18 – May 20 and September 24 – November 3). Valid year-round.
NYLO Hotels (Las Colinas, Plano, or South Side [Dallas])
- Stay and Play: package includes one night’s stay, one round of golf at Old American Golf Club, and complimentary yardage book, water, snacks and pro-shop gift. Rates from $213/night/player. Code NYLO Stay and Play.
Updated January 2, 2015.
Want to be listed on this page? Contact travlin’ girl to find out how you can be included!