School’s out for the summer – and even if you don’t have kids, it’s an exciting time! It’s also time to start planning getaways and vacations while you can. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to save when traveling. Here’s an overview of how and where you can save this summer. Continue reading “The Summer is Made for Travel!”
Living in Florida certainly has its perks: (for the most part) mild winters; hot, sunny summers; and loads of spots to enjoy it all – beaches, national and state parks, and even our own backyards. Friends and relatives plan visits when temperatures drop wherever they are, and we always open our door to them. Continue reading “Wrapping It Up in Time for Summer”
With temperatures quickly rising, we’re all looking for ways to cool down. I saw these incredible looking and tasting drinks developed by mixologist Kerry Mekeel at the Hotel Wailea in Maui. One sip and you’ll be island-bound in no time!
Kula Country Lemonade
2oz vodka of choice
3 spearmint leaves
3 fresh very ripe strawberries
1 cup fresh squeezed lemonade
In a blender add strawberries and lemonade, after thoroughly blended, add to vodka and shake well. Tear the mint leaves to release the flavor and scent, and then add to cocktail.
3 strawberries to one cup of lemonade should make enough juice for 2 cocktails.
2oz vodka of choice
1-2 teaspoons of fresh juiced ginger (depending on taste)
Top glass with fresh liliko’i juice* (passion fruit juice)
Shake and enjoy!
To make fresh liliko’i juice you need 1 liliko’i per 1 cup of water. Use all of the insides of the fruit: seeds, pulp & juice. To sweeten, you can use organic cane sugar, pure honey or agave nectar. If you use sugar add 2 tablespoons per 1 fruit/1 cup water. If you use honey/agave, use 1 tablespoon. Liliko’i can be too tart for some, so make sure the fruit is in ripest stage. Also, add more or less sweetener according to your personal taste.
Pina Colada on the Rocks
2oz silver rum of choice
2 wedges of fresh squeezed lime (discard lime after squeezing, adding it makes drink too tart)
Fresh pineapple juice
Fresh coconut water
Add rum and lime juice to glass, then add 1/4 pineapple juice to 3/4 of coconut W\water, to fill the remainder of the glass. For a sweeter drink, add the juices in equal amounts.
We’ve all heard of CyberMonday – that glorious day after Thanksgiving when nearly every online store you can think of offers incredible savings.
Well, the summer solstice is nearly here and a group of 20 forward-thinking hotels and resorts around the world have created their own cyber-savings day to celebrate: Cyber Summer Travel on June 21. Savings include four-diamond resorts for $99/night, five-star hotels offering 50% savings, free nights and more.
For one day only, midnight – 11:59 pm EST Friday, June 21, hotels and resorts in Florida, the Caribbean, Mexico, Latin America and even South Africa are offering exclusive online deals for travel through the summer, and some through year’s end.
- The Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa – $200 off a 10-day trip
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino – 30% off, starting at $169/night
- CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, Anguilla – savings of more than 50%
- Hotel Kura-Hulanda Spa & Casino, Curacao – $99/night
- Lodge Kura-Hulanda & Beach Club, Curacao – $99/night
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, San Juan – 20% off, starting at $143/night
- Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao – 3 nights starting at $119/night
- The Angler’s Boutique Resort, Miami Beach – 25% off
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale – 25% off
- Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa – $99/night
- Lido Beach Resort, Sarasota – 30% off
- The Resort at Longboat Key Club – 30% off
- Marco Island Marriott Resort Golf Club & Spa – $149/night
- Sandpearl Resort, Clearwater Beach – $150/night savings
- Sense Beach House, Miami Beach – 35% off
- South Beach Marriott, Miami Beach – 40% off
Mexico & Latin America
- Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa, Costa Rica – 30% off 2-night stay, 35% 3 nights or more
- CasaMagna Cancun Marriott Resort – $145/night + $100/daily resort credit; minimum 3-night stay
- Casa Palopó, Guatemala – 35% off
- JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa – $175/night + $100/daily resort credit; minimum 3-night stay
For more information on these savings and to reserve, visit www.cybersummertravel.com.