Tag Archives: wine
Dreaming of France? I was thrilled to visit the Bordeaux region with my mom last fall on a river cruise with CroisiEurope… the story (and my photos!) is featured in the current issue of LA Travel Magazine. Read it here!
What could make a day at the beach better? How about adding delectable bites from the best restaurants? Wine tastings? Sweet treats? Well, do I have the event for you!
For the fourth year, Clearwater Beach Uncorked will be under the warm Florida sun – and the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa – and on the cool, white sands of Clearwater Beach Saturday and Sunday, February 7 and 8, from 1 – 5 p.m. each day.
I always thought touring by bike would be such a fun way to explore a destination. Talk about slow travel… touring by bike really does make you slow down and enjoy the scenery, and all of the experiences along the way.
One big part of traveling is eating – discovering local dishes wherever you may raise your fork, or spoon. Beignets in New Orleans. Pho in Vietnam. Croissants in Paris. And for a lot of people, food and wine events are as good a reason to travel as any.
Before you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, or maybe after one too many pints, try one of these indulgent spa treatments at spas throughout the U.S. and in Europe, and raise a glass to your body!
- The “Royal Revival” at the Lodge at Woodloch in Hawley, Penn., includes a body exfoliation using hops, barley and honey, followed by a beer bath featuring Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.
- The Rocco Forte Augustine Hotel in Praha, Czech Republic is featuring “The St. Thomas Beer Ritual,” utilizinga bit of history by incorporating a secret Augustinian monk beer exfoliation recipe that promotes detoxification and hydration, complete with a massage.
If beer’s not your thing, wine takes center stage in several treatments, including:
- The “Kelly’s Fountain of Youth Signature Body Treatment”at Kelly’s Spa at the Mission Inn in Riverside, Calif., refreshes your skin with an antioxidant Chardonnay wine bubble bath, and a Chardonnay wine grape seed body polish. The experience is complete with a massage and paraffin treatment. Heaven!
- For more wine, try the “Château Winery Ritual” at Château Élan in Braselton, Ga., infuses the body with the anti-oxidant power of grape seeds during a wine bath, followed with a body scrub and mud wrap.
- The Spa at Silverado Resort in Napa – wine heaven! – offers the “Chardonnay Sugar Scrub,” a blend of Chardonnay, Shea butter and six natural oils to exfoliate and nourish the skin, healing even the driest of skin. Perfect after a night of imbibing.
- The “Toast to Life Bath and Massage” at the Sundara Inn & Spa in Wisconsin Dells, Wis., increases circulation and removes dry skin cells by providing a body sugar scrub, bath soak and full body massage.
Looking for something stronger?
- The “Bourbon Bubbler” at the Spa at Griffin Gate in Lexington takes that ol’ Kentucky taste and lavishes the body in a full body polish incorporating Kentucky Bourbon, ginger, and pecans, and finishes with a rinse and an application of Shea butter.
However you choose to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, or recover the day after, raise a glass and say “Cheers!” to your body!