travlin’ girls – meet up!
If you’re a travlin’ girl looking to connect with other travlin’ girls, in addition to taking part in #girlstravel chat Mondays at 1 p.m. ET over on Twitter (ahem!), be sure to mark your calendars for the Women’s Travel Fest in NYC on March 8, and the Women in Travel Summit in Chicago, March 14 – 16. Both are being hosted by two fab ladies, and both are sure to be fab times. I wish I could be at both!
Founded by rockin’ Go! Girl Guides founder and author Kelly Lewis, the Women’s Travel Fest is a one-day fête bringing together of all ages and interests to talk about their favorite topic – travel! An impressive slate of speakers is lined up, including
- travel goddess and inspiration Samantha Brown;
- Sarah Shourd, author and contributing editor at Solitary Watch;
- Kate Thomas, host and producer of “Travel with Kate; “
- Sonia Gil and her Scripps Network’s Ulive.com video series “Almost Free;”
- Christine Maxfield and her iTunes podcast “When in Roam: Conversations with Travel Writers;”
- Sally Thelen of unbravegirl.com;
- Christine Gilbert of almostfearless.com;
- Colleen Kelly of PBS’ “Family Travel with Colleen Kelly;”
- Mariellen Ward of Breathedreamgo.com;
- and Adrienne Lee with the Planterra Foundation, G Adventures.
For more on the Women’s Travel Fest speakers, and an up-to-date list, please visit http://womenstravelfest.com/speakers/.
Just a few days later in Chicago, Beth Santos of the Go Girl Travel Network is leading the charge to present the Women in Travel Summit – “the first and only travel blogging summit by and for women.” Over the course of the three-day event, you’ll “meet other female travel bloggers, connect with brands, build expertise and engage in the global sisterhood of traveling women.”
WITS, as it’s known, will be held at the Palmer House Hilton in downtown Chicago, and there’s a package available that combines summit tickets and your stay. Check out the website for details. In addition, Jeannie Mark of Nomadic Chick has just been named one of the two keynote speakers.
If I know Beth, and I think that I do, this event is going to be a blast!
Registration is open for both these events, so grab your ticket today!
I wish I could be in both NYC and Chicago in March – do you think you’ll be able to attend either or both of these events?